Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Way Too Often

I've mentioned before that we live in a pretty small town, so when I'm in town, it doesn't faze me at all when people remember me. I'm on a first name basis with the nurses, doctors & receptionists at the clinic in town...I've been there at least 6 times so far this year, 3 times in the last month & a half, for check ups.

But, when we need to go to urgent care for after hours things, we have to drive to Albert Lea which is about 20-25 minutes away, and has a population of over 10,000 people. There are times when I go to Albert Lea & people do remember me, but that is usually because those people are from my town. Although, I admit the owners of the 2 consignment stores there do remember me...but I have 5 kids, so I shop there a lot!

On Sunday, I decided to take Baylee into urgent care, she had goopy eyes. It didn't look like pink eye, so I figured it was a cold in her eyes since she did also have a runny nose. But she didn't sleep very well Saturday night, so I wanted to have her ears checked - I just hate ear infections at night. So, I went to the front desk and said I wanted to have Baylee checked. When she asked for her name I had to think for a minute, since I don't use her legal name very often. The nurse then looked at me & said, "Oh, that's right, your a foster parent, I remember you."

I think that might be a sign that I am there just a little too often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of our pharmacy. We get our scripts filled at the grocery store just outside our little historic district. All but one of the pharmacists knows immediately when they see me and they'll have my husbands meds ready on the counter by the time I get to the front of the line!