Monday, May 19, 2008

Belated Happy Mother's Day

I'm a little behind, but to all to all of the mom's out there, I hope you had a great day!

I had a very nice mother’s day. I got to sleep in, even though Chris didn’t get to sleep in on his day (Saturday) due to the garage sale, and a little boy screaming at the top of his lungs around 6:15.

Then the kids wanted me to opened gifts right away. The boys always do such a nice job! Cameron picked out earrings for me, and Tyler picked out some flip flops for camping this summer. The babies got me a new key fob for my truck. (You don’t realize how nice they are until yours goes out for a month & you have to unlock the doors with an actual key while carrying a baby or two.) Chris also got me a new mother’s ring, since we are officially done. Completely. No matter what! 5 children, a daycare and a full time job are all that we can handle. We’ve probably bitten off a little more than we can chew at this point…my house is filthy! We’re thinking about getting a maid it is so filthy! But that’s a whole other story. I really like the ring, and wanted to post a picture of it, but no matter what I try, it always seems to end up blurry, so you'll just have to trust me that it is very pretty.

We decided to go to Mankato and I was planning to go to Red Lobster. But at 1:30 they were still saying it would be an hour & a half wait. So we ended up at Chinese buffet, which I usually like, but when I was hungry for Red Lobster…you know.

After that Baylee & I went to Sam’s Club & Wal Mart for groceries while Chris & the other kids went to get a new front door. Very exciting, isn’t it?! The boys did help me to unload the truckload of snacks & frozen goods from Sam's when I got home, I don't even think they complained about it...that must have been their final Mother's Day gift.

No comments: