Friday, May 2, 2008

Garage Sale Tomorrow

I spent today preparing for my annual garage sale. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, of course, just as it has the past THREE years on my garage sale. The only good thing is this year I got smart and I am having it 2 weekends. It's the same amount of work, and since we installed a back patio last summer, I can keep the garage filled for the whole week without worrying about kids & bicycles running through it. I am considering myself somewhat of a magician, since I have managed to somehow fit everything in the garage instead of hoping to have things sitting on the driveway getting drenched. I suppose it does sound pretty bad if I mention that I have an over sized double car garage...and I barely managed to fit it all in there. In my defense, my sister, my mom & 2 friends also have items on my garage sale. We don't need do mention that even with all of them going in on the sale, about 87% of the stuff (crap) out there is mine. Now, some might view that as perhaps a "shopping problem", I prefer to think of it as a "too many kids" problem.

I really didn't feel like expending any effort for dinner after all that, so we decided to do "dinner & a movie" tonight. We got a pizza & ordered a movie on Pay Per View. Mr Magoriums Wonderum Emporium. It was okay, although I don't think I'd watch it again.

Amata did entertain me with her favorite knock-knock joke during the movie...
Amata: Knock Knock
Me: Who's There
Amata: Amata
Me: Amata Who
(laughter from Amata)

Amata: Knock Knock
Me: Who's There
Amata: Amata
Me: Amata Who
(laughter from Amata)

And so on for about 3 or 4 more times.

No comments: