Monday, September 15, 2008

Not Bad

I did a little shopping on Friday, mostly because I had a coupon for 30% off everything at Kohl's - even clearance prices. Kohl's is my new favorite store.

So, I of course had to go & cruise the clearance racks. I found quite a bit for Tyler & Cameron. Not as much for the babies, though. It's just safer to buy the boys summer clothes, since at most, they usually only go up one size a year. It's a little dicier with the babies, so I don't like to buy that far ahead for them. Except of course for the SpongeBob swimming suit that came with a grass skirt that I got for Amata for $1.70. It's a size 6x, so I have no idea when that will actually fit her, but a grass hula skirt? How can I pass that up?!

When I got home, I sorted the clothes & put the boys' stuff on the kitchen chairs. Then when they got home I told each of them to please put all of their "crap" in the kitchen away. I like to see the surprised look on their face when they see what I am referring to.

I don't always buy the boys much unless they're with me, as they've gotten a little pickier as they've gotten older. Two years ago when I was going through Cameron's clothes with him to see what he was ready to get rid of and he literally got rid of like 80% of his clothes. It was then that I decided we maybe didn't have the same taste in clothes anymore, and that they needed to start picking out their own clothes.

But as Tyler looked through his clothes and started heading up to his room with them, he said, "You're gettin' pretty good at this, mom."

I'm so proud of myself!

No comments: