Monday, September 29, 2008

Amata first day of "School"

Amata started pre-school this year.
She goes one morning a week. I'd love to send her more, but transportation gets a little difficult. And I didn't want to push it too hard, since technically they are supposed to be potty trained before they can go. She has her good days, but she still has way to many accidents for me to consider her successfully potty trained. (Delayed potty training is yet another symptom of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome) Her teacher said she could go, though, and she just wouldn't notice if Amata happens to be wearing a pull up to school.
Caleb is not very happy about it. It's bad enough that the big kids get to go "bye-bye" every morning & he has to stay home, but now Amata gets to go, too? He had his shoes on & made it all the way out to the car the first morning.

There is one thing that is irritating me about her pre-school, though, is how well she has been behaving there. I spoke to her teacher last week about the fact that I was going to have her assessed for fetal alcohol syndrome, so she would probably be contacted about that soon about how Amata is doing in school. She told me Amata is doing great in school! She stays on task & doesn't run all over and climb onto things she doesn't belong on or anything. My daughter?! Apparently, she saves it all for us at home. It's still early in the school year, though, there is still time for her to show her true colors!

No comments: