Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A new low...

Or more accurately, a new high. We went to Subway for dinner the other night. I do like Subway for myself, however, not so much for the kids. Both boys have decided they are too old for the kids menu, which is normally fine. However, my issue with them & Subway is that they do not add toppings, so it takes a lot more sandwich to fill them up. Tyler has to have a foot long with just ham & cheese. Cameron only gets a 6-inch, but his only topping is mayo. I don't always let them get chips or a cookie, but I was really hungry that night, and of course I can't get chips unless the kids do. By the time it was all said & done, our bill came to $39 and change...AT SUBWAY! I'm just saying...if I'm going to pay almost $40 for a meal, I think it should at least come on a plate!

2 comments:

Julie B said...

I totally agree with you...the price of fast food is horrible. My daughter and I ate a Chinese buffet Sunday and all said and done it cost us a total of $24.00. We each barely ate because there was no great selection of food.
This is why I go grocery shopping and cook at home :)

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! We got Wendy's one night and it cost us almost $30 for my husband, me and the baby.