Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Baseball

Tyler, Chris & I went to a Twins game over the weekend. We hadn't all been to a game in over 2 years, so we were looking forward to it. Cameron doesn't like to go to the games...he just likes the free stuff. So he & the babies stayed with my sister for the evening. Not only was it free DQ hat night, we also got free Twins magnets & free t-shirt to someplace that has bizarre food (I don't have a clue where it is, but it was free, and it makes a great night shirt or paint shirt). Cameron was happy, I am not a hat person and there was no way that T-shirt was going to fit me.

On the inside of hats, 30 of them had a green sticker which meant that you won a prize, and guess what??? I won! I seriously NEVER win anything, so I was pretty excited. That was until I realized that I literally had to walk half way around the Dome to pick up my prize. Which meant that I really had to walk all the way around the Dome, since I had to get back to my seat. All of that to find out I won a free DQ cake! Apparently, they wanted to make sure I walked off the calories from the cake before I eat it.

It was nice that we ended up with so much free stuff, because the Twins lost that game. And Tyler is not allowed to go to anymore games. As of Sunday, they had won 7 out of their last 9 games. Guess how many games Tyler had been to in that time? That's right, he was at 2 of them. I'm just saying, that seems kind of suspicious since we don't go to very many games as it is.

I think part of the problem was that he was too busy complaining that we wouldn't walk half way around the Dome again to get him a sundae in a hat. (Never mind the fact that he already had a hot dog, chips, large pop, and nachos...which of course at a sporting event cost more that a steak & lobster dinner would have.) Can somebody please assure me that at some point my children will start to appreciate what we give them & the places we take them without complaining that they should have more?

2 comments:

Julie B said...

I feel the same way about the appreciation part. With that said I can tell you when they have to do things by themselves is when they will appreciate it I promise!

Anonymous said...

wow! sounds like a fun night- complete with a win for you! :) My husband would say the same thing. I once hung a poster of a local college hoops star in my room and the next game they lost. I still haven't lived that one down!