Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just Odd

Chris & I have been continuing to send out resumes, but we're both being pretty picky so it will probably be a while. I went to one place yesterday that wouldn't let me submit my stuff online. I think the point is so they can do a mini interview and 2 short tests that I think my 10 year old could have passed. (I sure hope I did okay on it.)

The guy who I met with, though, was a little odd. He was extremely pre-occupied, and was in the middle of eating his lunch, or dinner, or whatever it is called at 4:00. He asked me what my first name was 3 times. He asked where I worked and I said for the City of W**** and he said what town is that in? He was also way too impressed with the watermark on my cover letter (it was just a template off of MS Word). After I finished filling out the application and the tests, he said okay, I just want to ask you a couple of questions. Then he asked one question. The whole thing was so odd, I can't even remember what that question was.

I was very glad I had a pen in my purse to fill out the application because he handed it to me, never even offered me a pen, and then went to his desk an started signing a bunch of letters. He would ask me things periodically, though, so I wasn't sure if I should be filling out the ap or answering his questions.

Now, in his defense, they normally just hire people to work on the factory floor, but I was very clear that I was looking for an accounting position when I called BEFORE I drove up there. At one point he even said he had a buddy that was starting his own business and might need some help with payroll. (I'm looking for a little more stability and benefits than a "buddy" just starting a business.)

I don't think I'll be holding my breath for a call back from that place! I'm really starting to lean more towards hoping Chris finds a job first so I can stay home with the daycare. I may need to work on my patience a little, but those kids aren't usually as odd as this guy was!

No comments: