Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shopping

For the most part, I tend to be a bargain shopper. I LOVE the clearance aisles and consignment stores. I'd say about 90% of mine & the kids' clothes come from thrift stores. It gives us really large wardrobes, since I only pay a fraction of what they would cost new.


But my downfall is online shopping. For some reason, I am way more willing to buy something online than at the stores. When I'm at WalMart (say what you want about WalMart, I love shopping there), if something costs more than $2.00, I really debate whether I really need it. But when I'm at JCPenney's online outlet store....I buy stuff that I never would have bought at the store. My latest purchase was a pair of extremely large hoop earrings. They seriously almost touched my shoulder's....not what I normally wear at all. But they were ONLY $3.99. I know if I would have seen them for $4.00 at WalMart, I wouldn't have purchased them.

Those online stores know it, too. That's why they have a whole section labels "$9.99 and under" and Overstock.com will actually sort your search by the largest discount. How am I supposed to avoid purchasing with sales pitches like that?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love online shopping too! haha! So much so that I signed up and got a website portal to a ton of stores. Here's the link:
www.shoptoearn.net/trishac79

If you go to this site, it will link you to soooo many other stores!