Monday, April 28, 2008

A Sad Day

My supervisor announced that she has taken another job and her last day will be in 2 weeks. I'm very nervous about this change, because I have it pretty good here, and you just never know what the next person they hire will do. I cannot blame her a bit, the job of a City Administrator is not fun, the council makes the decisions and she takes all the grief from the residents. I think what bothers me the most is that for a town our size, most City Administrators will just use this job as a stepping stone to larger cities which may create kind of a revolving door. We were lucky to have someone who already lived in the community with her wealth of knowledge who truly cared about what was in the best interest of the City. She probably would have stayed until she retired if she had been treated better & supported a little more. I really don't know what I want to do now, if anything. The prospect of having a new supervisor every few years does not sound very fun to me! I know it will probably all work out in the end, but that won't stop me from worrying some until the position is filled.

PS Not ever in a million years would I ever even apply for her position, even if I did have the background for it.

No comments: