Monday, April 21, 2008

The Nerve...

I know this is very unprofessional, but I just have to share. A customer came in today and brought a bag of mini candy bars to say thank you for something that we had all helped him with. (It took several tries to finally get it resolved between the post office & the State of MN). He initially threw the bag at one of my coworkers who was working with another customer. But as I was finishing up his transaction, he said, "Now you make sure she shares those with all of you." I just smiled & said thanks. When I looked at the counter, they were gone.

When that coworker went to lunch, I looked on the floor by where she keeps her purse and the bag of candy was sitting there. Is it just me, or does that take a heck of a lot of nerve?? He clearly intended that bag for all of us and she is taking them home with her. And THEN, she offered to another employee as if SHE had bought it!

Now don’t get me wrong, I have looked in the mirror recently, and I certainly do not need the candy at all, but that’s not the point. To me, the most appropriate thing to do with it is put it in a basket to share with everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, she's got big ones if you ask me! We had a similar situation here last Christmas- our pharmacy rep brought the yearly gift basket and he handed it to the team leader who happened to be in the hall. Well when another coworker asked where he had put the basket, he told her (in a quite nasty manner)that the basket was given to him and he was taking it home! Nevermind that policy states you may not accept gifts that are not to be shared with the department. uggh! some people!