Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Paddle Dance Winner

Last Friday, the 3rd & 4th Graders had a Country-Dance Party at school to show off what they learned in the dance unit in Gym class. They do this every year and have the kids invite their parents and grandparents and anybody else they want to. A couple of years of years ago when Tyler was in 4th Grade I was able to watch the last half of it, which was kind of fun, even though Tyler is SO not into dancing.

Cameron, however, really loosens up when he dances and he actually won the "Paddle Dance" this year. I would love to post some pictures so you could see how into it he gets; he even wore a straw hat, cowboy boots & a bandana. However, Cameron has a very long-standing rule – under NO circumstance are his father and I to enter the school during the school day. Therefore he UN-invited us to the dance party. He gets panicked when we even jokingly say that we’re going to go to the school.

The only time we can go to school during the school day is to pick him up early. I am allowed to take him to school every morning, but I drop him off at the curb. I suppose it is possible that the reason for this is that we might occasionally embarrass him, however, I prefer to think it stems from when he was younger and had some big time separation issues. When he was younger, if we came into the school he would actually start to tear up because he "was going to miss us". At that time, he wouldn’t even go to a friend’s house to play. He has gotten over that, but I think that he is still afraid he might tear up at school if we go in. At least that’s the story I’m sticking to.

No comments: