Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thank Goodness for Small Towns

One of the negatives I've had since taking over the daycare is simply the fact that for most of the day, I am house-bound. Because although I could probably fit most of the kids…almost legally…in the suburban, the fact is I am not crazy enough, nor do I have the energy, to pack up 10 kids ages 1-4 and go anywhere. This can get especially hard when it comes to things like making it to the drug store.

I prefer to use the drug store in town, because I don't want to have to drive 25 miles whenever I need my meds filled. (Which is more often than I would like) They close at 6 during week, and around 4 on Saturdays, I think, so if I need to pick one up during the week, I don't have much time depending on when the last of the kids leave. And, of course, I am the type that usually forgets to call in the refill until I am completely out. As was the case when I called in to refill my prescription that I take daily to try & prevent my migraines. That is probably the second most important prescription that I have…my Maxalt, what I take when I actually have a migraine would have to rank number one. The cholesterol meds…which I also ran out of yesterday…can wait until the 8th when Chris' new insurance kicks in, but the migraine meds I get with or without insurance.

So, I pulled up to the drug store with about 10 minutes to spare and reach for my purse to grab my wallet out of it….but it wasn't there. I forgot to put it away after I had ordered something online earlier. So, I went in anyway. And the gal grabbed my prescription (without me even having to give her my name….a combination of the small town and the small fortune my family spends in that store!). I said, "I went to grab my wallet, but it wasn't there. I'm completely out, though. Is there anyway I could have Chris drop off a check in the morning on his way to work?" She said sure, and handed me my meds. It's times like this I really like this small town!

No comments: