Monday, January 5, 2009

Texting

I just don't get it. Tyler got a cell phone for Christmas, but he doesn't actually like to talk on it, he just wants to text. So today, I needed to remind him who needed to come to daycare after school, and since he can't have the phone on during the school day, and he hasn't even set up the voicemail on it yet, I was forced to text him that information.

So I just spent the last 15 minutes texting him, "don't forget brian and kyle. no halle. hope and jacob too. and karli". Actually I had to send him 2 texts, because I forgot about Karli. How is this quicker or easier than just calling and actually speaking to people???

Now, I do realize that there were probably abbreviations that I could have used, but I didn't know where to find the symbols, nor do I have a texting dictionary. And, sure, it took longer since it was my first time....but still, I really don't think that texting is all that wonderful!

No comments: