Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Judgemental

Okay, so I know I am being a bit hypocritical here, but I really hate it when people who don't know me get judgmental.

Last night was Cameron's night out and he wanted to go see Eagle Eye. I admit I didn't know much about it, but it is only rated PG-13. When we got to the popcorn counter to pay for our $5.10 small popcorn & $3.50 box of candy Cameron wanted (We did at least stop at a vending machine to buy our pop & sneak it in) the gal at the counter said, "You must be seeing the 7:00 Chihuahua showing." I said actually we were there to see Eagle Eye. She looked shocked and said, "Oh, well I just assumed..."
Now I admit this movie does have some swearing in it, but it's not like my boys don't know what those words are. They also know I better never hear them using those words. (Heck, to this day, I still don't swear in front of my mother) And technically there was some violence, but it was mostly military/war violence, not a bunch of kids running around shooting things up. And besides, it's not like he went alone. I was with him, so if there was anything in the movie that concerned me I could have discussed it with him.

Now, I know that I can be a wee bit judgemental at times, but at least I don't say it to their face. I wait until they are gone before and then I tell whoever I'm with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate when people do that!