Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chuck E Cheese

Chuck E Cheese has had a commercial on lately that I find very disturbing. It is emphasizing their Kid Check policy, where everybody has their hand stamped with a number & the kids can only leave with an adult with the same number stamped on their hand.

The commercial shows a mom taking her kids there, and she is just sitting back relaxing, enjoying her dinner while her kids are off somewhere else playing games. I have a couple of issues with this. First of all, I've been to Chuck E Cheese, many, many times. The commercial does some false advertising trying to show that it is relaxing there. Hundred's of kids running round screaming is not relaxing!

But my bigger issue with this commercial is that some parents might actually buy the message that it is completely safe to just let your children run around there & play the games unsupervised. Aside from the whole injury/bully things that can happen, can we say child predators??? While I certainly hope this would never happen, just think of the message this sends to child predators. So what if they supposedly cannot leave with a child since their number doesn't match...many of them are pretty crafty & could probably find semi private areas within the building.

I just can't believe nobody has caught this. It really bothers me every single time this commercial comes on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That commercial isn't playing here, but I have to agree with you. Hopefully most parents are responsible enough to know better than to let the kids go unsupervised, but we know all too well there are some who just aren't that bright. That place scares the eeyore outta me- so many kids running around it is way too easy to lose one in the crowd!