Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...I guess

Yesterday was my birthday. Chris of course had to work. He left the house around 7:30 am and didn't get home until 10:30 pm. We did go out for lunch on Sunday, after we got haircuts for 5 of the 6 kids. (Baylee will let me put her's in a pony tail, so I haven't had to cut hers yet.) Tyler didn't even complain about the fact that I picked Mexican for lunch...that in itself was a great gift!

We also did cake & ice cream on Sunday. I didn't take any pictures of it, but I do have pictures from when we celebrated Yummy's birthday. Long story short, for Amata's birthday, we had gotten a Brownie/Ice cream pizza for her cake. Tyler ordered it again as his pick a few weeks ago and when we went to eat it, Caleb went and grabbed birthday candles out of the drawer. I asked him who's birthday it was and he said "Yummy." So we lit the candles and sang happy birthday to Yummy. Then Caleb & Amata blew out the candles and we ate.

Yesterday, on my actually birthday, we had daycare kids until about 5:30. Then I had to rush to Shopko and exchange the shin guards that Cameron needs for his game tonight. I made it back with about 10 minutes to spare before my online chat for an ADHD class I'm taking. After my class I ran the truck over to the repair shop to get the window fixed and rode my bicycle back home. I know, you're jealous about how exciting my life is! But I'm officially another year older. And yet I'm still not old enough to be shopping for a "mother of the bride" dress no matter what the lady at Dress Barn thought!

No comments: