Friday, February 27, 2009

Will it Ever End

When I left my job with the city in October to take over the daycare, I honestly thought that I would have so much time to play work on the computer and update my blog almost daily. When I wasn't getting as much done as I had hoped, I just thought it was because I was still getting used to the daycare schedule, and then I thought it was because I was trying to get my Christmas shopping done. And then when the new year came around, first it was because of all of the birthday's in January, and the abundance of snow days. And then came February and because I am still helping out a little bit at city hall, answering questions for the girl that took my old job, and the audit is coming up next week, so I've been spending a lot of extra time there. In theory, come next week, the audit will be over with, and I shouldn't have to spend much time with that, but then, of course it will be time to start getting things organized for our annual garage sale.

Of course, my fear is that given the fact that I have 10 children running around my house during the day…and five children of my own that are ALWAYS around…I may never get to a point of being caught up. I mean these kids seriously expect to be fed multiple times a day! And my own kids seem to think they need to have clean clothes to wear, and baths, and more. So, maybe in 5 or 10 years I'll be able to catch up a little more…although I certainly won't be holding my breath!

No comments: